In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
That is Islam in a nutshell
1. To Islam
• belongs that you believe that this cosmos with everything in it is a creator has: He is Allah alone, who has no partner. He is above the heavens with an overview of creation, He sees it and hears it, and He is the only one who is entitled to worship.
• means that you refrain from worshiping anything other than Allah, and that you believe that Allah did not create people out of senseless play, but that He created them for His worship. He will resurrect her on the last day and hold her accountable for her actions in this world.
3. Belonging to Islam
• Believes that Allah has angels that are different from people. Allah created them from light and assigned them to do activities. Among them is Gabriel whom Allah has given to send the revelation to the messengers.
4. About Islam
• Heard that you believe that Allah has sent down books to the Messenger, such as the Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms, and lastly the Qur’an, which was sent down to Muhammad. All of these books command the worship of Allah alone, who has no partner. These books were exposed to adulteration through the enemies of faith who wrongly devoured people’s possessions – except the Qur’an, which was sent down to the Messenger of Muhammad because it was preserved in the hearts of men. Allah made him a miracle for mankind, and He protected against loss and distortion. Allah made him prevail over the previous books. In it there is scientific inimitability, which is attested by the greatest scientists of our time.
5. Belonging to Islam
• Believes that Allah created Adam out of earth and he was the first man. He gave him offspring to examine. Over time, people went astray because the devils misled them and they worshiped the idols. So Allah sent messengers from people to deliver Allah’s message: the sole worship of Allah, who has no partner, the followings of the messengers and the refraining from worshiping anyone other than Allah.
The envoys include Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus … and the last of them is Muhammad, the seal of the envoys. Islam from a servant of Allah is not valid unless he believes in and loves all the messengers of Allah.
6. About Islam
• Heard that you believe that everything that happens in this cosmos is from the destiny of Allah, and He wrote it down before it happened. And yet people are commanded to cause the causes of what is happening, and they are the executors and those responsible for their actions and their effects in this world and the hereafter. Therefore, he is not allowed to refrain from doing anything and to make excuses for fate. This belief allows you to live with reassurance.
• commands justice, charity, solidarity, virtue, honesty and all good qualities and manners; and he forbids injustice, fornication, theft, assault on people, killing an untouchable person, lying, flaunting and all bad qualities and manners.
The mistakes made by some Muslims certainly do not represent Islam, they only represent their perpetrators.
• does not distinguish between black and white, nor between rich and poor, nor between Arabs and non-Arabs, but the most honored of the people with Allah is the most feared of God.
• orders continuous repentance; so whoever commits some of the sins and then repents and stops and asks forgiveness, Allah forgives. Nobody stands between him and repentance, because this repentance is between him and Allah, who sees and hears him and knows what is in his heart.
• commands cleanliness and the removal of harmful and garbage that disturbs people everywhere.
• commands respect for women, and their rights to maintenance and inheritance, as well as dealing with them in an appropriate manner.
• encourages the use of all contemporary possibilities that make life and everyday life easier and easier for people as long as they do not contradict the divine path.
The guidelines of Islam are clear and simple, and every act of worship in it has religious beliefs that a Muslim follows; they are not from men, but they come from Allah, and all men must submit to them.
• fights and punishes crimes so that people’s lives and possessions are safe, and it has the protection of five bases:
mind, life, offspring, possessions, and beliefs.
• means that you pray five prayers for Allah every day, in their own time, with their supplications, and in the way that Allah has established, to connect the Muslim with Allah. (See below)
Orders the annual surrender of a small portion of property to those in need of those in need of a certain minimum amount. This is called „Zakat“, as a purification of property and a mercy for the poor.
16. Islam • orders fasting a month a year, and this is abstinence from food and drink from sunrise to sunset. The month is called Ramadan, and Allah has set it as a reminder for the poor, a protection for health, and a test of the obedience of Allah’s servants.
• orders the pilgrimage once in a lifetime for those who can accomplish this trip to Mecca and perform certain actions, following the example of Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad and other messengers
18. Part of Islam
• is that you believe that the Messenger Muhammad was sent to all of humanity and that his message is the message of the messengers before him, but with differences in beliefs. It is obligatory for everyone who hears from him to believe in him and to follow him in what he has brought, because Allah does not accept any religion other than Islam.
19. About Islam
• heard that Allah was worshiped in the way that the Messenger Muhammad conveyed to us; this is written in the authentic hadiths (traditions) reported by the hadith scholars
• is a religion that frees the mind from superstition and from serving others than Allah. So he recommends visiting the tombs for reflection, but at the same time he forbids them from being surrounded, slaughtering them, asking the dead and entreating them.
• commands trust in Allah and causes, and prohibits hanging good luck charms, refusing to take refuge with magicians, priests and jugglers who all wrongly devour people’s possessions.
22. In Islam
• there are two festivals: Al-Fitr (festival of breaking the fast) and Al-Adha (festival of offering); and what novelty festivals people have invented will not be tolerated.
• commands its followers to learn the judgments of faith in religious law, such as:
ritual purity, prayer, zakat, fasting, pilgrimage, manners and others.
24. Islam means
• that you express the two creeds:
„I testify that there is no God but Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.“ (Ash-hadu An La Ilaha Illallah, Wa Ash-hadu ‚ anna Muhammadan Rasulullah)
This makes you a Muslim, and you are obliged to act according to the requirements of these two creeds until you die, deserving paradise and escaping hell.
• makes it your duty to wash your entire body in the following cases: when you enter Islam, when semen flows through arousal, and when you achieve purity after menstruation and childbirth.
Cooperative Da’wa office in Rabwah (Riyadh)